The AKC CGC (Canine Good Citizen) Test is an evaluation of the basic skills that every dog should follow .
Test items include Canine Community Dog test includes,
- Accepting a friendly stranger * Dog waits under control
- Sitting politely for petting * Walking on loose leash
- Appearance and grooming * Dealing with other dogs and crowds of people
- Out for a walk * Sit-stay in small group
- Walking through a crowd * Dog allow people to pet
- Sit and down on command * Down-stay at a distance
- Coming when called * Come when called
- Reaction to another dog and more
- Reaction to distractions
- Supervised separation
Each week we’ll introduce and practice particular tests from the Canine Good Citizen evaluation. As we progress; we’ll revisit the previously learned exercises and showcase new ones. Before you know it, you’ll have practiced all 10 exercises and be ready for the final practice sessions.
Reservations required. Class is $20 per class or four sessions for $60. AKC evaluation is $20 each.